Super Hero Character Faces

Decorating By Mandyjb74 Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 6:47pm by Mandyjb74

Mandyjb74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandyjb74 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 5

i have been asked by a friend to make her son a cake with super hero faces on it, can anyone give me any advice on how to model cartoon type faces with a bit of character as mine all look the same icon_sad.gif
any advice greatly appreciated

4 replies
PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 5

Add dimples, change the coloring slightly, different hair color etc., bigger nose, smaller nose, forehead lines, puffy cheeks, O mouths, and eyebrows. Just try changing it up. Find pictures of superheros and try to duplicate the faces separately from each other.
Are you making these out of fondant/gumpaste or buttercream?

Mandyjb74 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 5

I've tried both gum paste and fondant, found gum paste harder to smooth over so the join where i added a larger nose showed. I have seen a cake on here with the sort of thing i am looking for just can't seem to get the same shape to my faces, i think smoothing in is the issue

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 5

I think the easiest way is to make them like a photo (is that 1D? LOL!) instead doing figurines. And the easiest way to do that is to print out comic book or coloring book images in the size you need and cut the pieces out, lay them on some rolled out fondant or gumpaste and cut them out. You can cut out each feature individually (eyes, mouth, mask, etc.) and it turns out really well.

If you are intent on making figurines, and you want them perfect, why agonize about it? Buy a mold-making kit and a figurine and make your own mold. Easy! icon_smile.gif

Good luck!

Mandyjb74 Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the advice I'll try both lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%