Spinning Leaf Mold

Decorating By cinderella4645 Updated 18 Oct 2013 , 5:27pm by ndalefan

cinderella4645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderella4645 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 9

I ordered alot of spinning leaf cookie molds because they're alot more creative than other cookie molds that I've bought....but I have had so many problems with these mold...everything gets stuck...I contacted the company and they said they have never had a problem....has anybody used these molds and has been successfull with them and if so what did you do.
(I used the bride and groom mold for my son's wedding...what a mess..i had to throw everything out) Thanks

8 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 9

I have several of them. If they stick I just put them back in the freezer for a few minutes then they pop right out. Are you using something other than chocolate to cover the cookies?

christina1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christina1961 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 9

When I have had that issue in the past I also just put them in the freezer for a bit longer and they pop right out.

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 9

I put my back into the fridge. I've never had a problem other than my own inability to wait...just a little longer.

cinderella4645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderella4645 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 9

...I did try leaving them in the freezer longer and that didn't really help...do you have go grease these molds...do you think that would help.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 9

I also have these molds and have never had a problem.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 9

What kind of chocolate are you using? If you are using chocolate that needs to be tempered and you aren't tempering it - that could be your problem.

cocobaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobaby Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 9

I too have some of these molds and haven't had a problem. I use the little chocolate disks you get at Hobby Lobby - I believe they are for the melting pot and chocolate fountains.

ndalefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ndalefan Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 5:27pm
post #9 of 9

I also have had problems releasing the cookies from these deep molds.  Freezing helps, but I still have to try to bend the mold a bit, and they are made of very sturdy materials.  I've found that within a few frustrating minutes, they usually do release.  I think the probably get to an optimum temperature and finally let go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%