cinderella4645 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:01pm
post #1 of

I ordered alot of spinning leaf cookie molds because they're alot more creative than other cookie molds that I've bought....but I have had so many problems with these mold...everything gets stuck...I contacted the company and they said they have never had a problem....has anybody used these molds and has been successfull with them and if so what did you do.
(I used the bride and groom mold for my son's wedding...what a mess..i had to throw everything out) Thanks

8 replies
enoid Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:29pm
post #2 of

I have several of them. If they stick I just put them back in the freezer for a few minutes then they pop right out. Are you using something other than chocolate to cover the cookies?

christina1961 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of

When I have had that issue in the past I also just put them in the freezer for a bit longer and they pop right out.

MaryAnnPriest Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 5:43pm
post #4 of

I put my back into the fridge. I've never had a problem other than my own inability to wait...just a little longer.

cinderella4645 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 9:34pm
post #5 of

...I did try leaving them in the freezer longer and that didn't really help...do you have go grease these molds...do you think that would help.

Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:01pm
post #6 of

I also have these molds and have never had a problem.

WykdGud Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #7 of

What kind of chocolate are you using? If you are using chocolate that needs to be tempered and you aren't tempering it - that could be your problem.

cocobaby Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 10:48pm
post #8 of

I too have some of these molds and haven't had a problem. I use the little chocolate disks you get at Hobby Lobby - I believe they are for the melting pot and chocolate fountains.

ndalefan Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 5:27pm
post #9 of

I also have had problems releasing the cookies from these deep molds.  Freezing helps, but I still have to try to bend the mold a bit, and they are made of very sturdy materials.  I've found that within a few frustrating minutes, they usually do release.  I think the probably get to an optimum temperature and finally let go.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%