Poured Fondant...???

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 11:55am by Marianna46

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 12:07am
post #1 of 4

I dont know if I saw it in a magazine, or tv or dreamed this...for as long as Ive been on CC, this is the first time Ive read about it...What is poured fondant? and is it really liquid and actually pours?

Does the cake come out smooth or can you see every flaw in the cakes, as in bumps and crumbs....

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 12:26am
post #2 of 4

Poured fondant is the stuff that lots of bakeries put on petit fours (among other things). It actually pours and goes on very smooth, if you do it right, but it will show any imperfections because it's soft like a glaze. The recipe is totally different from the rolled fondant we all know and love. Here's a link to the mahalo video on how to make petit fours, where you can see how it behaves. The actual recipe is farther down on the same pager the video is on:
http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-make-petit-fours/

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 4:53am
post #3 of 4

Ok, thanks so much!!!! I thought it would show every flaw...but didnt know if you kept pouring it over and over if it would eventually act like reg. fondant and cover up the flaws.

I dont know how I missed all this time reading about it.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 11:55am
post #4 of 4

"The actual recipe is farther down on the same pager..."??? My typing skills seem to be inversely proportional to my age! I meant "page", not "pager"!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%