Round Staggered Tiers Construction?

Decorating By brown_suga Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm by brown_suga

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 7

This would be my first time making a cake in which every tier is slightly offset from the lower tier creating an overhang on each level. I'm not really intimidated by it, just want to make sure it is solid for transport. Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to stack this kind of cake. Here's a pic for reference .

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1266213

6 replies
brown_suga Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone want to try and take a stab at this?

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 7

A quick PM to the cake artist who did this gorgeous cake should give you the help you need. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 7

Probably cake stackers...

brown_suga Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks I tried to pm. No reply icon_sad.gif it's ok though I guess i'll just have to wing this one. Thanks icon_smile.gif

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 7

http://www.cakestackers.com/cake-supports.html

A little lower than halfway down the page will show you the set up I am thinking of.

brown_suga Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you very much Sharon, I've seen the cake stackers system and it is on my cake wish list, however, it's much too expensive for me right now, especially since this client is trying to cut costs as much as possible. I guess I was just trying to figure out if stacking this with just dowel supports and cake boards as i usually do would be feasible. Trial and error, I will have to make a back up plan just in case it doesn't work. Thanks everyone for your input.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%