Trimming Cupcakes To Fit In Container?

Baking By cakegirl1973 Updated 28 May 2011 , 10:52pm by cakegirl1973

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! I am in the midst of baking cupcakes for my friend's wedding reception tomorrow. My chocolate cupcakes have a large overhang on them and are touching in the cupcake containers. I was planning on piping them with bc in the containers, putting the gumpaste flowers on top, shutting the lid (disposable plastic cc containers), and then transporting them to the venue tomorrow. With the overhang, I am concerned that the cc will get messed up because they are touching and overlapping. I am wondering if I can trim off the overhanging part with scissors or will that cause them to dry out? I really don't want to bake another 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes, if I don't have to. Any thoughts?

2 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 3

I've had to trim cupcakes with overhang before. I would trim them. I don't think they will dry out over night, sealed in a plastic container, as you say you are considering.

Personally, I would pop those buggers in the freezer for about an hour and then trim them if time allowed. I don't think you would have to worry about the 'Crumble Factor' if they were frozen.
But that's just me. I like my cakes good and cold.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%