Too Early??

Decorating By specialtycakesbysara Updated 12 May 2011 , 9:36pm by tiggy2

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake that is going to be delivered Saturday morning at 8:00am. Is it too early to ice it, put the fondant accents on it, and keep it in the fridge until then?? Normally, I do all of that the day before, but I am wanting to get it done today....what do you guys think??

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 7

No it isn't too early. If nothing is perishable I wouldn't refrigerate it as it tends to dry it out.

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 7

When I was working the 60 hr a week job plus doing cakes I would have to break up the time I spent decorating. On Thursday nights I would ice the cake, on Friday nights I would decorate and on Saturday mornings I would deliver. I used a crisco based buttercream frosting never refrigerated and never had any problems. I think you will be okay. :0)

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

Is there something in that that would make you need to put it in the fridge? Other wise finish it up and leave it out on the counter until needed.

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 7

I put 2 tablespoons of milk in the frosting.....would that be considered perishable?? Sorry it seems like I am such an idiot....I'm really not icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 7

I don't get all this "refrigeration dries out your cake" because I refrigerate cakes constantly and my cake is NEVER dry. Always super moist. I can't stand dry cake.

Anyways...

Yep I filled and iced a couple cakes today...assembling one tomorrow for Saturday, and assembling one Saturday for Sunday. But they are already filled and iced, sitting in my fridge.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:36pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtycakesbysara

I put 2 tablespoons of milk in the frosting.....would that be considered perishable?? Sorry it seems like I am such an idiot....I'm really not icon_smile.gif

No, it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%