How To Replicate This Design.

Decorating By Cakeonista Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:02pm by kakeladi

Cakeonista Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 6

Good morning everyone,
I was asked to make this cake for a small wedding and was wondering if anyone can tell me what tip they think is used for the design that circles each cake? It definitely looks like butter cream to me but cannot tell if it is a star tip or some other. Any help would be great appreciated. WISHING EVERYONE A GREAT DAY

5 replies
genevieveyum Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 6

no photo!

Cakeonista Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:22pm
post #3 of 6

Im having some trouble.

bobwonderbuns Posted 4 May 2011 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

I can't get a good look at the sides, but it looks like a 104 tip ruffle.

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 6

That is a Wilton design from their book "Wilton Wedding cakes; a romantic portfolio". The directions given say to 'pipe tip 80 shell motion having the tip positioned w/curved area up. Bottom borders are tip 26 shells and top borders reversed shell'. And yes, it is b'cream. creative and come up with something similar using fondant; thin, pleated ruffles and bulb bordersicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%