I Have A Delema... Need Help!

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 3 May 2011 , 2:18am by LNW

Crazboutcakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:26am
post #1 of 7

I have a cake that is due tomorrow night, and it is a simple BC, but the person wants a picture of the person on the cake. It didn't sound that bad when I was agreed to it but the more I look at the picture (LIfe like) the more I am not sure how to do it or to get statrted. I do alot of BCT but they are mostly in charater type pictures not real people. I am comfortable in my art working but not sure how to get it started exspecially on BC seeing I do not have a photo imager and I think it would be very hard in a BCT! Does anyone have any suggestions that I could try? Thanks for your help. icon_redface.gif

6 replies
Kitagrl Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 7

If they want a picture of the person then it sounds like they thought you had an edible image printer. If I were you, I'd go find a grocery store either tonight or first thing tomorrow am that can print the photo for you on edible paper real quick, otherwise you may have a disappointed customer....best of luck.

chefjess819 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:07am
post #3 of 7

its really not that bad using a bct on a real picture. i did one on this cake:
it's more like a caricature of the picture. i used the 1 round tip to outline the features with black, and then filled in using the 2 round tip.

tiggy2 Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:21am
post #4 of 7

I agree with kitagirl, you need to find someone with an edible image printer.

cabecakes Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7

Most Walmarts will do an edible image for you unless it is a something they could get into trouble for copyright infringement (done by a professional photographer or a photo of someone famous). They are not really all that expensive either (I think ours is around $6.00)

bakingkat Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:59am
post #6 of 7

I agree, take it to a grocery store and get an edible image, i'm sure that is the result the customer was looking for. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

LNW Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:18am
post #7 of 7

ITA with everyone else. I've done that before, took the picture to Wal-Mart and had them print an edible image for me. I would call first and make sure they will do it though. We have several Wal-Marts in my city but only one of them would do it for me. It was $5.00 for the image. I brought two pieces of cardboard that I lined with wax paper to put the image between so it wouldn't break on the ride home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%