Graham Cracker Cake Recipe

Baking By cole10 Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 5:32pm by cole10

cole10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cole10 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:43am
post #1 of 7

I make this awesome dessert with graham crackers, cheesecake pudding, whip cream and fresh fruit. I'm looking for a graham cracker cake recipe to see if I can transform this dessert into a scrumptious cake. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!

6 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have a recipe for you. But I do know that you can buy graham flour in many markets. My guess is that you can't just substitute it for all purpose flour. But if you can't find a recipe by searching the internet or from someone here, and you're at all proficient in the science behind scratch baking, you might be able to experiment to create your own recipe. Good luck!

cole10 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks! Will keep that in mind.

Claireybear1121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claireybear1121 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:43pm
post #4 of 7

I would caution against using too much graham flour in your cakes! I'm an avid bread baker, and I often use graham flour in artisan bread loaves, but when you think of a graham cracker what gives it its flavor is the sugar and cinnamon they put on them, not the flour! In fact, most graham crackers sold at stores are made with bleached white flour- nothing else. I would instead think about using some honey and cinnamon to get the desired flavor, or maybe even use a thin layer of crushed graham crackers under your filling between layers icon_smile.gif Good luck!

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

I found this, I never tried it but was thinking you could leave out the coconut and nuts if you wanted to. hth

http://www.grouprecipes.com/15560/graham-cracker-cake.html

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 7

Here you go. I've used the one listed here, it was wonderful. Look up Bobwonderbuns, they have several great google docs linked in thier signature.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

cole10 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you sooo much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%