3 Tier Smash Cake?!

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 2:17am by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:43am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone heard of doing a 3 tier smash cake? I don't even know how I would go about it, what sizes would I even use?

I think I should I just say no, and suggest a 6" only. Or do people do small tiers for smash cakes now?

6 replies
CAC74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAC74 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:53am
post #2 of 7

I'm an 'over the top' kind of gal... and that seems a little over the top to me!! Unless you want to do a single layer like 6-4-2... or maybe even 4-2-1... but that may be a bit of a pain to carve the cakes that small. ?? Good question though, I'm interested to hear what people say, I've never hear about anything other than the 6' smash cakes.

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:00am
post #3 of 7
DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:05am
post #4 of 7

A three tier cake is going to look like a wedding cake. The reason for doing a smash cake is so that the baby can stick his/her fingers all over it and that's why you keep it small. If you make it a three tier you'll need to put dangerous things in it to keep the cake stable. Things a small child may choke on.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

Maybe somebody doesn't understand what a smash cake is?

BoozeBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoozeBabe Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:15am
post #6 of 7

Last year I made a HUGE 3 tiered cake for my great-nieces first birthday. I also made a 4 inch smash cake. It was the perfect size. I can't imagine a 3-tiered smash cake. What a waste.

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:17am
post #7 of 7

Great point about making it stable, and that being a choking hazard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%