michel30014 Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 12:58pm
post #31 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsequeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanhazcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WykdGud

I would have grabbed a handful of flowers and started sticking them in the woman's hair. Heh.

OHMAHGAH I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! Then I would have been like, "I also have some experience in cosmetology and you look like a hot mess! Your hair is oily and you have split ends...and what's up with the wrinkles, lady?!?! Maybe we should use some buttercream and fill in these cracks...."

icon_lol.gif

Lol! This made me smile! If we could get away with things like that :p

OMG!!! I just about fell out of my chair laughing!! WykdGud" you are too funny!!!

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:29pm
post #32 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanhazcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WykdGud

I would have grabbed a handful of flowers and started sticking them in the woman's hair. Heh.

OHMAHGAH I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! Then I would have been like, "I also have some experience in cosmetology and you look like a hot mess! Your hair is oily and you have split ends...and what's up with the wrinkles, lady?!?! Maybe we should use some buttercream and fill in these cracks...."

icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm picturing the two of you going to work on her! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:31pm
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie76

It's such an annoying situation, and it really is best sometimes to have the attitude of "I arrived with the cake that was ordered, I got paid and now the customer can do what they like with it....

I usually have that attitude with most cakes, but THIS CAKE WAS MY GIFT to my nephew and his bride. So technically she's messing with my gift... Fact is the MOB was way out of line when she started to add her "spin" to the cake and then who knows? Possibly tell people/potential customers that I made this cake and what a horrible cake designer I am - while passing butchered photos of it as what i truly provided... Wouldn't surprise me at all if she was that pissed that she didn't get picked to make the cake.

I think that if they had paid for it I wouldn't have cared (and only winced once or twice while it was being butchered) and made for dang sure I didn't have any of the top tier! lol

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 9:19pm
post #34 of 38

I will say there was definitely a reason why the bride did not want her to make the cake. Trust me kids know when their parents are a bit "special" whether they admit it openly or not. l0l

I'm glad you were still there to correct the crazy womens mistake icon_mad.gif

Were the flowers real or plastic that she tried to put on the cake? If some one was to get sick because of her ignorance she would try to blame that on you & that would not be good.

You handled the situation perfectly ... I can think of a hundred different ways I would have handled that & none are as polite as the way you handled it icon_twisted.gif

I hope every things turned out great after that

mimi4bye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4bye Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 11:49pm
post #35 of 38

Oh yeah...that lady is a nutcase! After repairing the cake, the Italian in me would have simply quietly whispered in her ear..."You toucha my cake, I breaka you face". Problem solved!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 11:59pm
post #36 of 38

I too have always wanted to pipe an intricate design. Some day maybe? I would have left the flowers off entirely. The cake is pretty enough as is. Did she have a topper? I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree with everyone - the cake does need something on top. BUT it was against the brides wishes to fuss with her special design - so the MOB was out of line. I do agree that there was jealousy involved. I wouldn't say a word. Don't want to spoil the brides day - and trust me, she knows all about her mother by now.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:00am
post #37 of 38

OMG...this sounds exactly like something my husbands ex would do. She is such a control freak and has to be large and in charge of every event that occurs in the family. When I did my step-daughter's wedding cake, I quietly told her before the whole ceremony got started that there better not be any incidences with the cake or there would be hell to pay. She had already been warned that she was not to go near the cake table, and the first thing she wanted to do was to stack gifts at the end of it as soon as I had it set up. I put her in her place straight off and told her to find somewhere else to put the gifts, because I already had other things going on the table. She wasn't a happy camper, but she stayed away from the cake table. You can bet your bottom dollar those kids knew what kind of control freak she is, I know my step-kids know all to well how their mother is. I think you handled it appropriately, and I don't imagine that you have to tell the daughter. I would imagine the mother already did, but she put her spin on it. That daughter was probably thanking you again as her mother was telling her version of the story.

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 1:02pm
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi4bye

Oh yeah...that lady is a nutcase! After repairing the cake, the Italian in me would have simply quietly whispered in her ear..."You toucha my cake, I breaka you face". Problem solved!

Ha ha that's so funny thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

@platinumlady yes the flowers were real and everything was fine after that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%