Cake Cutters(?)

Decorating By LeeBD Updated 16 Apr 2011 , 7:42pm by WykdGud

LeeBD Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 5

Don't know if I am in the right forum or not but...I have been watching a cake decorating show on WE lately and one particular baker uses what looks like a cake pan (but has no bottom)to cut his cakes. In other words it looks like a large cookie or gumpaste cutter but they are large enough to cut cake. He bakes sheet cakes and uses the cutters to cut the actual round or square cake in the size he needs. This would certainly eliminate any side trimming because each layer would be exactly the same. Does anyone now where to get such a product? I have looked online, but nothing as of yet.

4 replies
Unlimited Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 5

They're called cake rings.

LindaF144a Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 5

And thanks for reminding me about these. I need to get some!

LeeBD Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 5

Well that makes sense...any idea where I can order them?
thanks again : )

WykdGud Posted 16 Apr 2011 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 5

I got mine (along with my mini cake/cheesecake pans) here:

Quote by @%username% on %date%