Queen Anne's Lace Flower - How To Do 3D Or On Buttercream?

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 3 Apr 2011 , 5:59pm by fruitsnack

fruitsnack Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 5

I'm still working on this design for a bridal shower cake for next Saturday (short notice). She just sent me a copy of the shower invitation, and it has this queen anne's lace flower on it. I searched, but I couldn't find any threads about it.

Can anyone help me figure out how to make this flower? The design is still not set in stone, so I could do either 3D out of gumpaste / fondant or somehow piped onto the cake (I use indydebi's buttercream).

I was going to attach the invitation, but it has all of her personal info on it. I'll edit it and attach just the flower design in a minute.

Can anyone help?

4 replies
fruitsnack Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 5

Trying again:

crisseyann Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 5

That looks way too delicate to be done out of gumpaste, IMHO. If you have great piping skills, that would be the way to go.

sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 5

If you made this from fondant/gp I think you'd end up using mostly floral wire with tiny amounts of paste at the end - meh! This is a gorgeous design to pipe, though. I'd hint at another design! I just don't feel like a cake with that design piped onto it would be baby showerish. Gorgeous but not showerish!

fruitsnack Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 5

How would you pipe the flower part? Just use a tip 1 or is there another tip that would make it look more flower-y?

Quote by @%username% on %date%