Plum Colored Fondant?

Decorating By Scarlets-Cakes Updated 17 Jun 2014 , 3:45pm by Tostigrl

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride that wants a deep purple/plum colored fondant. She gave me a ribbon sample for the color. I'm not sure how to achieve this color. I have Americolor's Regal Purple and was thinking of adding some black to it. Am I on the right track? Anyone else out there made this color? I need to do 350 tiny flowers for the cupcake tops and two layers of a 4-tier cake in this color. Please help!!

5 replies
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 6

Really? Nobody? I NEED HELP!!!!

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/coloring/colormixingchart.htm

Actual your mix will be best with red and purple. I have attached a link for a good color chart, although I think thee is one on the CC site somewhere.

I would suggest that you mix some and do some test flowers that sit out several days. Those shades of purple and bad about fading.

Scarlets-Cakes Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 6

I don't know if anyone is interested in this, but I went down to Home Depot to ask about getting a particular color of plum. I found a paint card and asked them what the formula was. It was such an easy way to figure out my color instead of trial and error. I got it right on the first try. What a time saver! BTW, if you want a rich plum color, I used Amerigel colors and started with Regal Purple, then added Burgandy. It's perfect and beautiful!

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 3 Apr 2011 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 6

Show us the colour! Is it similar to my castle cake in my photos perhaps? That's a plum I think.. I achieved it using red and purple...took a load of colour!

Tostigrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tostigrl Posted 17 Jun 2014 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 6

Hello,

Can you show us a picture of what you used the plum color on and what the home depot formula was?

Thanks

Samantha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%