Toba Garrett's Recipe Question

Baking By TiffyB73 Updated 19 Mar 2011 , 1:53am by Kellbella

TiffyB73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffyB73 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 11

Toba Garrett's Chocolate Fudge Cake says to
"Measure all ingredients (except chocolate) into a large mixing bowl."

So there is no creaming of the butter/sugar/eggs? You literally put the dry ing. and the wet ing. in all at the same time?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyB73

Toba Garrett's Chocolate Fudge Cake says to
"Measure all ingredients (except chocolate) into a large mixing bowl."

So there is no creaming of the butter/sugar/eggs? You literally put the dry ing. and the wet ing. in all at the same time?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I don't have her recipe, but that is not an uncommon method for fudge cakes...simply combining the wet and dry ingredients until thouroughly mixed.......

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 11

If you make this, let me know how it is. I was contemplating using this for this next week, but don't have much time to play around before hand and see how it turns out. Good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 11

I will soon make this recipe also. Would like your opinion if you have time. tia

pounds6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pounds6 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 11

I make this recipe all the time, actually it's the only chocolate cake I make. I dont even like chocolate...really, I HATE chocolate...but this is a goooood cake. Do exactly what it says, put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend for about a minute. After you put in the melted chocolate you are going to mix the entire thing again for 3 minutes. Let me tell you this though, this is a very soft cake. I strongly suggest that after it bakes and cools etc, you chill it in the frig before you level it or do any kind of carving. Every couple that has had this at a tasting has said it's dreamy !!!!!
Good luck

TiffyB73 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 11

Thank you all so much! I will let you know how it turns out.

pounds6... so it isn't a dense cake? I am looking for something that will be nice and strong, good for stacking, carving, fondant. Is this not the cake for that?

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 9:09pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyB73

Thank you all so much! I will let you know how it turns out.

pounds6... so it isn't a dense cake? I am looking for something that will be nice and strong, good for stacking, carving, fondant. Is this not the cake for that?

This is a very good choc cake...it is very dense...I have used it for stacking before with no problem. thumbs_up.gif I ususally bake one day, then torte, dam fill the next and don't have a problem with it being "soft" on the second day.

TiffyB73 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 11

Kellbella... thank you! That is what I was hoping for!

TiffyB73 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:14pm
post #9 of 11

Kellbella... thank you! That is what I was hoping for!

pounds6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pounds6 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 1:15am
post #10 of 11

Now see, different people have different perceptions of things. I would say it is definately not a dense cake. Its light and fluffy and soft....at least mine comes out that way. I have not had any problems with it in stacking etc but try it and see what you think. Best of Luck!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 1:53am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pounds6

Now see, different people have different perceptions of things. I would say it is definately not a dense cake. Its light and fluffy and soft....at least mine comes out that way. I have not had any problems with it in stacking etc but try it and see what you think. Best of Luck!

That's true!! To me it's almost like a brownie...maybe because it's so fudgey...that's my interpretaion...it is sooo dee-lish icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%