I Need A Cheap Way To Package Cupcakes

Baking By jebchurgin Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm by Jeff_Arnett

jebchurgin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jebchurgin Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 7

I'm looking for ideas! My 2 kids are doing a Cupcakes for Cancer bake sale at their school. So far we have 135 cupcakes ordered and its only the 2nd day of ordering. I'm thrilled that the kids are getting so many orders but now I'm trying to come up with an alternative to a costly cupcake box. They are only charging .75 per cupcake (because they are making them themselves with a little help from me) so I can't do anything too pricey. I'm hoping someone out there has an idea for something we can use to package them a little cheaper. The delivery date is next Friday! Yikes! Thanks!

6 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 7
CrazyCatLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCatLady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 7

I have used clear 9oz plastic punch cups that are cupcake-sized and covered the top with Glad Press'n Seal plastic. I tied curly ribbon around them, but as long as you use Press'n Seal, the plastic will stay on by itself. The cupcakes stay upright, protected, and can even be stacked. You can find the punch cups at Walmart or Sams Club.

KarisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarisCakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:59am
post #4 of 7

Since it's for a good cause, you might see if a local restaurant would donate some to-go containers. Maybe ask 10 restaurants to give 10 containers each!

jebchurgin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jebchurgin Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks so much for all the ideas! I ended up getting a local bulk food store to donate the containers that hold a dozen and some that I could fit 8 into. A local bake supply shop gave me a discount on the boxes that hold 2 and I found to go containers at the dollar store that were 7 for $1. So all in all not too bad. Our final count was 459 cupcakes. My kids had so much fun & are super excited to be sending a check for nearly $300 to CancerCare! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks again!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 7

When we ran out of our usual single cupcake packaging, we went with 12oz coffee cups and lids upside down. Not super pretty but CHEAP icon_smile.gif

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebchurgin

I'm looking for ideas! My 2 kids are doing a Cupcakes for Cancer bake sale at their school. So far we have 135 cupcakes ordered and its only the 2nd day of ordering. I'm thrilled that the kids are getting so many orders but now I'm trying to come up with an alternative to a costly cupcake box. They are only charging .75 per cupcake (because they are making them themselves with a little help from me) so I can't do anything too pricey. I'm hoping someone out there has an idea for something we can use to package them a little cheaper. The delivery date is next Friday! Yikes! Thanks!

I've used those styrofoam bowls that have the plastic dome lid....like you get coleslaw in at a restaurant....they work great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%