Should I Refridgerate?

Baking By SweetTater Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 4:13pm by nancyg

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:19am
post #1 of 5

I'm making orange dreamsicle cupcakes with cream filling (made with marshmallow fluff not cream cheese) and IMBC icing. I'm going to make them on Wed, but they're for Friday eve. Thurs is a travel day. I'll put them in an airtight carrier, but do you think I should also put them in the fridge and then a cooler for travel or just leave them out on the counter?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I usually make cakes!

4 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:28am
post #2 of 5

I thought IMBC and SMBC had to be refrigerated. I could be wrong though so hopefully someone will pipe in. Marshmallow fluff generally does not require refrigeration.

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:47am
post #3 of 5

I dont have your answer. So, I cant help. But how do you make dreamsicle cupcakes? And the filling. And what is the icing you use on top....They sound sooo yummy

Thanks

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:23am
post #4 of 5

imbc doesn't have to be refridgerated. I'm just wondering if the cupcakes would stay fresher in the fridge. sometimes I refrigerate my cakes, sometimes I don't. I just wasn't sure about cupcakes. since they're small they may go "stale" faster. i don't know.

search the forum posts for "macsmom wasc recipes" and you'll find a thread that has all kinds of great recipes for cakes & fillings

I haven't made the orange dreamsicle before, but it has gotten rave reviews. i'm excited about trying it!

nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

thanks sweet tator for the recipe site...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%