Candy Cane/rock Cookies

Baking By Jennifer353 Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 2:08am by chefjess819

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I don't normally make cookies, generally sticking to cakes and cupcakes, but am hoping you can help me. I got some rock from a friend (the sugary one like straight candy canes, I don't know if it is popular in the US at the seaside...?) and thought that since you can put candy canes into cookies it should work with the rock. Has anyone ever tried this?

Could I get your favourite candy cane/rock recipes please? I have mint, liquorice and fruit flavours.

Thanks very much for any help or if you have advise!

3 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 4

when i put candy canes into my cookies, i use my standard sugar cookie recipe. the NFSC recipe on this site is great. the candy you are talking about is called stick candy, or horehound candy where i'm at. I have used mint chocolate candy canes in chocolate flavored sugar cookies before and they were really great. HTH!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your help and the quick response! How much of the candy canes (crushed?) would you normally put in? Do you just use the recipe as is, ie you dont reduce the sugar or anything? Thanks.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:08am
post #4 of 4

i use the recipe as is...as candy canes really dont have a whole lot of sugar. really, i just eyeball it when adding the pieces. I take my spoon and scrape a little batter against the side of my bowl. if i can see the pieces, then there are enough in the batter. I don't want to overdo it so the cookie still tastes like a cookie, not just a candy cane. really hope this helps you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%