Cracking Sps Pillars

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 1:15pm by beccachris

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 7

It never fails! Every time I use SPS (which I LOVE!) I put the pillars in and "pop" they crack. They are cracking right where they are pressed into the base plate. I'm not twisting them when I put them and it still doesn't help. They pillars are still together, just cracked down the length about 1/2 inch or so... Does anyone else see this problem? Anyone have experience as to whether or not they are still safe to use? I was throwing the cracked ones out, but I'm getting low and having to throw so many of them... Thanks.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 7

I've had it happen 2 or 3 times. They're still safe to use.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 2:28am
post #3 of 7

Bakery Crafts would probably replace them. If you purchased them from an online retailer, I bet they'd replace them too.

KristyCakes Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you leah_s! I ended up switching the 3 that cracked again this time and heard one pop when I was pushing down into the cake slowly. I'm glad to know they are still safe to use.

beccachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccachris Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 7

I had this problem with the legs cracking when I was using the clear plates. It doesn't seem to happen when I use the white plates though.

KristyCakes Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 7

I must have the worst luck... Mine are the white ones. icon_smile.gif

beccachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccachris Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 7

Oh no! I just try to be very gentle with the legs if I have to use the clear plates. I don't replace the cracked leg unless it's really bad. I know that's not much help though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%