Where Should I Write On This Cake?

Decorating By naemsmommy Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 5:38am by peggyslee

naemsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naemsmommy Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 11

I want to write Happy Anniversary and their names...just not sure where!

Here is a link to pics:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1939604/1939609

Thanks!!!

10 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 11

Oh, that's a tricky one...there's nowhere there that really stands out as 'the place' for it. And you don't want to put it anywhere where it'll detract from the great job you've done.

My first thought was to put it around the cake board, but the flowers at the front would mean it'd end up around the side & back rather than front and centre. You could have it in small letters on a little plaque (oval maybe?) and have that on a pick sticking out of the top, or resting on the board against the bottom tier...BUT you probably don't have time to dry a plaque now. Would there be room to have a plaque laying flat on the top (without it looking squeezed on?) - then you wouldn't have to dry it out. Whatever you do the lettering will need to be tiny, so it doesn't take over the design of your cake.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't write it on the cake. I would put the message on a fondant ribbon banner or on the cake board.

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 11

I also would use a banner or ribbon to write their names! Beautiful cake and love your flowers.

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 11

beautiful! I would do it on the board...

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 11

I had the same problem on this cake so had to put their names on the board.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1851206

I suppose you could break up 'happy' and 'anniversary' and put the words either side of the flowers on the bottom tier then put their names on the board.

only other idea is like others said and right on some kind of plaque.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:35am
post #7 of 11

Your cake is beautiful! I am not a fan at all of writing on cakes simply because everyone at the occasion knows what it's for and who it's for. Don't do it, if you feel you have to write something, make a plaque and simply place it next to your cake.

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:43am
post #8 of 11

I agree with keonicakes, don't write on your cake. It is absolutely beautiful just as it is and those at the celebration know what the occasion is. Great job!

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:43am
post #9 of 11

I agree with keonicakes, don't write on your cake. It is absolutely beautiful just as it is and those at the celebration know what the occasion is. Great job!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 4:48am
post #10 of 11

If you don't have time to make a plaque you could print it out on nice paper, put it in a small frame and put it on one of those little easels sitting next to the cake.

You could even do something like that with a fondant/gumpaste plaque. Put it next to the cake on a little easel.

peggyslee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peggyslee Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 5:38am
post #11 of 11

Everyone who matters will already know the occasion. Sometimes cake is better without any writing, and this is one of those cases IMO. I think it will detract from your beautiful cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%