Gross Out

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 5 May 2011 , 9:12pm by MamaDear

sweetsbystacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbystacy Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 1:22am
post #61 of 64

One time me and my entire family (aunts, cousins and all) went out to dinner. My cousin ordered a Bloody Mary. I looked over and asked her what that was in the bottom of her glass. There, mixed with the ice and what little was left of the Bloody Mary she already drank was a HUGE, hairy spider.

I will never order a Bloody Mary in my lifetime.

sheepmanswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheepmanswife Posted 3 May 2011 , 10:59pm
post #62 of 64

I live in an old farm house. I have built in bins that hold 60 pounds of flour/sugar. I had bugs get into them last summer! I was so frustrated! I threw everything out and started over! It's gross, but it does happen no matter how careful you are!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 May 2011 , 11:17pm
post #63 of 64

.......Bay Leaves!?! ......if one of my kids were to get a hold of it and chomp on it, who cares!?! .........

YOU had *better care*!! Bay leaves can tear the stomach or esphogest(I know not spelled right!) and cause MAJOR medical problems!!
That's why when used in cooking they are left whole and removed OR crumbled into powder.

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 5 May 2011 , 9:12pm
post #64 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

The last apartment I lived in had BAD ant problems. The day after the first time I cooked in there I came home from work to find about 10 million tiny ants on my wall and in my trash can. I don't kid! It was amazing. At the top of the can there were about 10 lines of them going in and out, but it branched into a huge funnel shape and the top was about 3 feet wide, the whole thing was 5 feet tall up the wall, all solid ants. Inside the can was black with them, and the outside of the can was covered on one side similar to the wall. I sprayed pure bleach on them and it killed them instantly but that night I woke up to them crawling all over me, tickling, not biting! And I co-slept with my 6 month old, and they were all over her as well. I called the emergency number to the office, crying and they sprayed a caulked and I put diatomacious earth in all the sills and at the base of the walls and around the doors I still found them all the time, for 3 years, but never as bad as the first times. They ate holes out of the front of 3 of my nursing bras (peek-a-boo!), so I assume they were sugar ants. I only bought cake mix, and sugar and powdered sugar as I needed it, and kept it in the fridge.

My husband had a similar problem with roaches at an apartment he had after I threw him out one time. I won't get into it, it was horrible!!! He even kept his dishes, pots and pans in the refrigerater.

Grandmaw always used cider vinegar in a spray bottle for those sugar ants, seems they dont like it and wont cross a line of it. She just sprayed it really well in all the window sills, door faces and the hole that is usually present where the pipes go in and out of the house. She had to respray about once a month or so but it worked

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%