Packaging Cookies

Baking By MARTIEQZ Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 2:43am by quietude

MARTIEQZ Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 13

I did a search to see if this question had been asked before, but found nothing.
I usually do cookie bouquets with the cookies individually wrapped.
For VDay, I am doing assorted cookies in a "Chinese Takeout" container and other thin cardboard containers. I would like to put tissue in the boxes but I'm not sure if that is food safe. Will the colors run? Do I put tissue first, then wax paper and THEN the cookies only touch the wax paper? I don't want the containers to have "grease" stains on the outside and I was really trying not to double package them by putting them in a clear pastic bag first. Any suggestions?

12 replies
love2makecakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 13

regular tissue paper is not food safe. you could buy some food safe tissue paper though from online retailers.

what about using parchment paper?

MARTIEQZ Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 13

I thought about that, or wax paper. I guess I'm going to have to look for some colored food safe paper. If anyone knows where to find it, please share.

love2makecakes Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 13

try nashville wraps. i've ordered things from there before and am happy with the service. they have live people to chat with if you have questions. i have never ordered the food safe tissue, but i have seen it on the site.

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:16am
post #5 of 13

man, love2makecakes, you're killing me with your profile photo........i've got such a craving for that cake............

sweetcakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 3:06am
post #6 of 13

you can get glassine doilies, they are decorative and grease resistant, but costly.

cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 1:30pm
post #7 of 13

I also love Nashville Wraps, although they have a minimum order of $25.

love2makecakes Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

man, love2makecakes, you're killing me with your profile photo........i've got such a craving for that cake............

ha! yeah, thats my favorite cake! divine dark chocolate with smbc! yummy! gosh, now i just might have to make some for dessert tonight!

cylstrial Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2makecakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

ha! yeah, thats my favorite cake! divine dark chocolate with smbc! yummy! gosh, now i just might have to make some for dessert tonight!

Now you have made me want SMBC!

Lcubed82 Posted 2 Feb 2011 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 13

The WEBstaurant Store has clear plastic cookie bags (5.5x5.5) in a box of 2000 for under 20.00. With your cookies in those, you could then fill with shred or regular tissue.

KCC Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 2:25am
post #11 of 13

If you need something soon use cookie tray bags cut up just big enough to line your box.

ALVARGA Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:28am
post #12 of 13

If you have The Container Store near you they sell waxed tissue paper in red dots, red check and multi stripe that I use for my cookie boxes.

quietude Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 2:43am
post #13 of 13

Hi all, do any of you guys have any suggestions for packaging chocolate covered oreos? I have my spinning leaf molds & transfer sheets - but I need help in the packaging department!

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%