I Have To Ask...who All Is Disappointed With Tlcs N.g.baker

Lounge By JPMitchell Updated 24 Jan 2011 , 6:40am by sewsweet2

JPMitchell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPMitchell Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:22am
post #1 of 16

When I heard about the show earlier on, I was like that sounds cool. However, when I saw these contestants work on and off the show icon_sad.gif CC ladies I know most of you can trump their work... Cake boss is a very popular cake show, and you mean they couldn't pick better contestants?? Maybe i'm the only one... but I expected to see FN cake challenge work. I think the best example of what I mean is the episode with the car cakes. I really just don't remember any of their cakes standing out to me. Am I the only one??????

15 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:33am
post #2 of 16

I enjoy watching it just to complain about some of the contestants. Most of these 'reality shows' have nothing to do with the real world. The challenges are impossible to do well. I also think some of the choices of who goes and who stays are decided on what makes good tv rather than talent.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:34am
post #3 of 16

Their skills were amateur at best.

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:35am
post #4 of 16

No, I've been watching it and have been a bit surprised myself. The car thing was ridiculous. They all admitted they did terrible jobs. It will be interesting to see who wins.

I've heard there's behind-the-scenes sabotage to make it even worse on them. I wonder if it's true.

JPMitchell Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:37am
post #5 of 16

true, true.. I would believe it, that plumber guy turn cake decorator.... I just really wondered how he even made it on the show. Better yet, WHY did they let him come back??? It is only because he had one strong personality, which makes for good tv.

kaseynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseynh Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:43am
post #6 of 16

It's kinda like watching a scary movie, you know it's gonna turn out bad but you just can't look away. Then you wonder why you watched it. lol I also expected a much higher level.

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 2:58am
post #7 of 16

I agree with all of you! Very disappointed!

JPMitchell Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:00am
post #8 of 16

icon_sad.gif I went to go find photos to prove my point. Unfortunetly, not even the shows website or blog post pictures of their work??? Are they that embarassed of their work? The behind the scene pictures they had were of the food fight/show promo they did. If any one can find pictures post them or the link. I really am interested to see the last episode even though I know the winner will be by default...

paintedlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintedlady Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:01am
post #9 of 16

im not a big fan of the cake boss either, so it doesnt surprise me that this show isnt that great,

khemerso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khemerso Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:14am
post #10 of 16

There is another thread on here that has been going on for awhile that is kind of interesting...some of the pariticipants of the show are members of CC and are involoved the the conversations... I will try and find it and post the link...

khemerso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khemerso Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:19am
post #11 of 16
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:26am
post #12 of 16

I watched it once for about 5 minutes. That's all that I could take...not a fan of reality TV and all the drama. I do enjoy the Food Network's Challenge shows though. I use to like Cake Boss, but it's just too much drama. His sisters are so loud and overbearing. It's all become a bit too much for me.

hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:26am
post #13 of 16

Worst cake show..... I do not like Buddy's GOD complex he has got now... worse everyday.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:27am
post #14 of 16

I agree with everyone. I am very disappointed. I've only done 15 or so cakes and I feel I could have done better than the contestants on there. I like Buddy though. He doesn't just do fancy cakes by appointment only (I'm sure that's not easy so don't jump on me)but also runs a very busy storefront bakery with a large variety of products and deals with his whole family working together. I'm sure a lot of the drama is for the show but as we all know dealing with and working with your family can be hell.

JPMitchell Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 3:57am
post #15 of 16

I was reading that other forum, and it was talking about the celebration cakes. I just have to say that Food network cake challenges dwarfs them!! They supposedly had 8 hours to make a celebration cake, doesn't FNCC have the same amount of time to create the eye popping craziness that they create most of the time... However, I am sure that your mike mccareys of the world wouldn't go on that show because buddy carlos is beneath him.... I just have to say Mike should have his own show, I would love to watch him make his masterpieces!

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 24 Jan 2011 , 6:40am
post #16 of 16

I quit watching when Buddy, his sister and wife picked the cake for his son's bday. He picked the one that his sis and wife thought was the worse tasting chocolate cake. Proves to me that he's more concerned with looks instead of taste. I'm old fashioned I guess. I would rather have the cake taste better than it looks. JMHO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%