Food Network Audition Tape

Decorating By Penanera Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 6:16am by NanaSandy

Penanera Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 6:28am
post #1 of 10

Well, back in October I was contacted by Food Netwrk Challenge asking me if I was interested in being on the show. After going through the process of sending in pictures of my cakes, of myself and a list of my credenttials, they asked for a phone interview. I spoke to a really nice woman for about an hour and I guess she liked me because she asked me to do a video audition.

I asked her if I should be decorating a cake in the video and show my other work and she said, "No, do something to stand apart. Show us your personality and sense of humor." So, below is a link to my very odd audition tape.

I realize the type is backwards (I said it was odd). It is a take off on the Old Spice commercials with Isaiah Mustafa.

BTW, I loved Andrea Bergin's video. It was heart felt and wonderful, but I went in an entirely different direction.

Let me know what you think.
Monika

9 replies
giggysmack Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 7:13am
post #2 of 10

Lol!! really cute I too am a former graphic designer and a Cancer so I hear ya! All my best to you in your audition!!

cheriej Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 7:48am
post #3 of 10

Monika I loved your audition tape. I think you have a fantastic personality for food challenge and I hope you make it on! I would love watching you on the show - you're funny and original. Good luck!

PatricesPieces Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 10

I loved it. Very creative and fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated and let us know if you get picked!!

Msjckson Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 10

LOL... very creative video. I loved it when your kids and husband popped up.

Vanessa7 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 10

What an awesome opportunity! I loved your tape and thought it was very original, especially with the pop-ups from the family. I hope they choose you! Good luck!

greengyrl26 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 10

I was asked to submit an audition video as well. I have some friends who run a video production company and they're shooting it for me tomorrow. Fingers crossed! Penanera...good luck to you as well! icon_smile.gif

bdrider Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 10

love it! Was looking on here to see who else may be waiting to hear....

here's mine ( similar to yours actually!)

Maybe we'll get to meet in CO!

bdrider Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:52am
post #9 of 10

soooo.....??? did you make the next cut??

NanaSandy Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 6:16am
post #10 of 10

would love to hear if you made it?
As a side note, I am from San Diego originally.....
icon_smile.gif
great weather, but way too expensive to live there anymore! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%