Peggy Porschen Masterclass

Decorating By inda2681 Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 9:46pm by inda2681

inda2681 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inda2681 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 7

hi everyone!

i am currently doing a cupcake business but would like to extend my skills. My husband has offered me to go to peggy porschen masterclass but now i am torn either to go to the miniature wedding cake masterclass or professional tiered wedding cake masterclass.

what is everyone thought on this? which one is more worth to go? how about the market in between the two?has anyone been to any of her classes and what do you think?

6 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 7

OMG - I'm so jealous. Where is her class being held?

inda2681 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 7

it will be in london. which one do u think i should go for?

i am a total beginner in cake decorating and royal icing. Just recently started on cupcake business icon_wink.gif

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 7

wouldn't you get more info out of the regular vs mini tiered class? I don't think mini's are in as high demand as normal wedding cakes

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 7

Ugh, so jealous, lucky you!!
I would probably go for the professional tiered wedding cake class. I'm sure that the theories and decorations applied could be adjusted to mini-cakes.
So jealousssss!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

I would say the regular as well. You will do more regular wedding cakes and mini's are a pain and you should charge accordingly. Few people really want to pay for the mini's by the time you price them out. Neat experience. Be sure and practice before you go if it's a master's class and you're a beginner there may be some basic skills they expect you to walk in with. Maybe email her and see what is expected. I'm sure it's nothing a few dummy cakes wouldn't help you sort out but you don't want your first experience with fondant to be in Peggy Porschen's class..ok...I wouldn't want that for meicon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

inda2681 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 7

but do u think to move from cupcakes to tiered wedding cakes is a bit too much?

oh no!!! now i just saw she also offers another class in making pansy pot mini cakes

decision decision

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%