Refridgerating Edible Images On Bc

Decorating By Amalynne Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 8:31pm by leily

Amalynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amalynne Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning!

If I am applying edible images to a BC cake, should I put it back in the fridge??? I thought the BC cake should be left out and covered by a box?

I am applying and edible image to a fondant decoration. I plan to have the cake completed on Thursday but most of the work will be done on Wednesday. Should I leave the fondant decorations out like normal or will this ruin the edible image? I really want to work on the image/fondant decorations today it that's possible.

I'm sorry, I'm so confused after reading so many BC posts my head is spinning. Did I make any sense? icon_confused.gif

Thank you ~ Amy

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 4

edible images are fine in the fridge, on buttercream or fondant.

As for refridgerating your cake, you only need to if you have a perishible filling or frosting (american buttercreams are shelf stable)

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 3:48am
post #3 of 4

[quote="leily"]edible images are fine in the fridge, on buttercream or fondant.

My experience was they ran after I took them out of the fridge. I don't risk it anymore. I have some to put on a cake I'm doing this week and I'd like to get it done, but I'm waiting...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

edible images are fine in the fridge, on buttercream or fondant.

My experience was they ran after I took them out of the fridge. I don't risk it anymore. I have some to put on a cake I'm doing this week and I'd like to get it done, but I'm waiting...

That is to bad. The bakery i used to work in we did this all the time. I do find that if you have it in a box or container so any condensation that forms is on the box not the image does help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%