Question About Premade Sugar Cookie Dough.

Baking By AmandaPanda Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 1:11am by pattycakesnj

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 10

Ok so I MUCH prefer using the recipe for NFSC for decorated cookies but at my side job I hae to do a product demonstration for the pillsbury sugar cookie tub. I am wanting to make a cookie bouquet display for this event however I have never tried this sugar cookie dough being rolled out thick enough to do cookies on a stick.

Has anyone ever tried cookie bouquets with this dough and how should I adjust the time/temp to accomodate?

9 replies
writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 10

I tried Pillsbury dough once and the cookies didn't hold their shape.

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 12:54am
post #3 of 10

YIKES! you are right!!! I bought the cookie dough in the tube because it was on sale for half off and tried my letter cookie cutters .... it spreadd horribly! hmmmm maybe I will just cut circles and decorate those with the latters. they look HORRIBLE hahaha. I would make my own dough to do a display tat is pretty but tat would be a bit misleading I think lol ugh ... wy cant premade dough be as good as home made!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 8:58am
post #4 of 10

Quite awhile ago I was sent these recipes...never tried either, so I can't vouch for them.

Fast Sugar Cookies-On-A-Stick
1 pkg of Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
2/3 cup flour
choose one flavor: 1 tsp mint extract or 2 tsp vanilla extract or 2 tsp almond extract

Fast Chocolate Cookies-On-A-Stick
1 pkg of Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
2/3 cup flour
2 TBSP Hersheys Special Dark Cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:15am
post #5 of 10

You could recut the cookies after baking 'for a super sharp and professional finish' although then it would be. Case of sticking the stick onto the back rather than bakin it in.
xx

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 9:49am
post #6 of 10

princess_b, I thought I was the only one who recut my cookies after baking. What do you do with all the scraps?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 10:32am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakesnj

princess_b, I thought I was the only one who recut my cookies after baking. What do you do with all the scraps?

we eat a couple then trash the rest.

There are some things I just refuse to spend any time or energy on and saving "scraps" of food is one of them. dunce.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 11:34am
post #8 of 10

I normally eat them! Only done it once tho, the other time I needed crumbs for dirt, so it worked out! I suppose u could freeze them, and save for a cheesecake!
xx

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 4:47pm
post #9 of 10

you can add additional flour to the premade dough and they hold their shape better.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 1:11am
post #10 of 10

Princess _b, love the idea about using the scraps for cheesecake base, never thought of that. I sell a ton of decorated cookies, wedding favors etc, so I always have a lot. Thanks for the idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%