What Is Chocolate Bark And Where Do I Find It?

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 12:43am by tokazodo

rharris524 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 6

I keep hearing about chocolate bark for coating cake balls but I don't think I've ever seen it in store...can anyone help?

5 replies
rharris524 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 6

Is it really different than regular chocolate?

leah_s Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 6

It a compound chocolate that does not need tempering and is made for candy. it's in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.

rharris524 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 12:34am
post #4 of 6

Is Baker's brand considered bark? If not, at least as far as I can tell, our Publix and Target do not have it...

Erin3085 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 12:42am
post #5 of 6

I get it at walmart. It's not bakers, as far as I know, but I could be wrong. This stuff comes in a big block, and the brand I get is called Almond Bark. I find it on the top shelf of the baking aisle, above the baking chips and nuts and things...same area. I have never seen it at our publix either, but I only shop at the one closest to me and it's kinda small.

tokazodo Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 12:43am
post #6 of 6

I would think Baker's chocolate would be too rich for cake balls.

I have also found Chocolate Bark under another name called, "Almond Bark".
I have found it in the local grocery store in the baking isle near the chocolate chips. It usually comes in one pound slabs. It comes in a microwaveable tray. It would be the same stuff you would dip strawberries, pretzels of marshmallows into.
* I was lazy last Christmas and instead of using RI for the gingerbread cookies, I used the white chocolate Almond Bark. I dipped the whole face of the gingerbread cookie into the white chocolate and smoothed out with a knife. The cookie had a whole layer of white chocolate on it!
They were pretty and yummy!

Hope this helps...

Quote by @%username% on %date%