Two Problem Areas

Decorating By Cakegirl313 Updated 4 Nov 2010 , 9:53pm by TexasSugar

Cakegirl313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl313 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 4

Okay so first is, does anyone else have any problems with the grass tip #233. I have tried making my icing thick, medium, and thin and no matter what I try it will not work right. It seems like I can only get a few squeezes before the tip clogs up. I'm thinking it may only be the tip since i've tried so many icings but wasn't sure.

Also, does anyone else have any problems with icing looking kinda greasy and the color you've added changing color on you. I'm thinking it may be from the heat of my hands but not sure. Could be the recipe for buttercream too but thought I would ask.

Thanks for any help.

3 replies
CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 4

You need to open the holes up a little more sounds like your tip is a little to tight. You should be using a thin icing to make the grass though. With the icing, I believe your right, The warmth brings the fat all together making a darking appearing color in the icing. Try using an all shortening base icing to help with that.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 4

I've used the grass tip many times and have never had a problem...could be your icing maybe? What recipe are you using? Try taking a stick pain and pushing them into the holes to see if you can open them up...maybe its a manufacturing defect and their not properly formed. HTH.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 4

If your icing has clumps, even the smallest of them, you will have troubles with the 233.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%