Facebook..other People Tagging My Cake Pictures???

Lounge By multilayered Updated 13 Oct 2010 , 12:44pm by bates123

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 11

I was just wondering if this happens to you and why??? I've noticed under "other requests" that some people are trying to tag some of my pictures to either themselves or others...what is the reason behind this?? Does anyone know??Thanks

10 replies
dnrlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnrlee Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 11

is it the people that you did the particular cakes for?

etr2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
etr2002 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 11

They may have found a cake in your album that they would like to have but perhaps want a different baker to make it for them. I've had someone copy one of my photos and put it on her page with an advertisement that this cake idea would be great for a little girl's birthday party or shower...a little unconventional if you ask me but I also took it as a compliment. After my experience in a local bakery last week where they printed pics of cakes off the internet and cut-out pics out of magazines and put them in their portfolio, I would be leery of allowing the tags, though.

multilayered Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 11

First...no they are not the people who I made the cakes for...but they are other cake decorators....and yes I did deny the requests I don't want someone else taking credit for my design. I figure if they just want someone to see the design they can just direct them to my page. Thanks it's was bothering me.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 11

Maybe they see it like making it a 'favorite' here, so that it is is put in their 'files' to use for reference later?

Why not sending them a message asking why? I'd be curious too.

And yeah I'd be clicking, deny, deny, deny, myself. Ugh!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 11

I have a couple pictures in particular that I've gotten 4 tag requests for in the past 3 days! I keep clicking "ignore". But there is no button for "deny". Just ignore. So I keep ignoring the requests. No idea who they are. Some seem to be from outside the US.

I did notice when I got curious and started searching the "album" that the request was coming from, that there were several other people's cake photos in there as well. Some were even watermarked.

I don't understand it. But I'm not going to accept the request.

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 11

Recently someone had a photo of one of my cakes on facebook and asked if anyone knew someone who could make a cake like that one. Everyone told her to check with me. She hadn't tagged my picture, but I think that she tagged it from the girl I made the cake for. I took it as a compliment too. With so many beautiful cakes on the internet, I was flattered that she liked mine.

multilayered Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 11

Hi.......I did send a couple of messages asking why they wanted to tag my pictures but I haven't heard back.Also a number of these requests are from other decorators in other countries it just seems "fishy" to me.....

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 3:20pm
post #9 of 11

it's likely that they want to use your cake for a client but how rude to try tagging it without simply asking your permission!
BTW - if someone isnt very familiar with facebook then they may not know that they're actually requesting the tag, because I dont think it tells you that when you "add tag" of someone you're not friends with. I get them all the time (not for my cakes though, booooo! icon_wink.gif) and I almost always ignore too.

multilayered Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 11

I could understand that...someone really not "getting" facebook and equating "tagging" with something like "bookmarking"..the only thing that does make me a bit leery still is the fact that I had sent them messages nicely asking why they wanted to tag my photos , and no one has answered back icon_confused.gif

bates123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bates123 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 12:44pm
post #11 of 11

I have a friend on facebook who keeps posting her daughter's cakes that she bakes on my wall. They really aren't that great and I couldn't care less what her cakes look like! I think it's weird!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%