Paradise17 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of

Does anyone have a sturdy strawberry filling recipe Ican use in-between layers of a fondant covered cake. The lady wants strawberry with coolwhip or something like that but i'm afraid it will be to soft and make the cake bulge.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

13 replies
tcwheeler Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:11am
post #2 of

You don't think a thick buttercream piped "dam" around the edge will help hold it in? I had one request for a fruited filling...strawberry & pineapple. I iced regular buttercream filling with a bit of a "dam" on the edge and then spread the fruit on top of the BC but not all the way to the edge. No problems. This cake was iced in BC. Also, a strawberry pie filling is stiff. icon_smile.gif

SpringFlour Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 12:22am
post #3 of

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614405-jello.html

The second post is the recipe. It's my absolute favorite EASY filling recipe and the leftovers last in the fridge for a LONG time.

lutie Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 3:43pm
post #4 of

Hi!
Go to the Recipes section and you will see the Strawberry Butter Cream Filling that is rated quite high by everyone who has used it...I guarantee that it is the best I have ever made (and that is why I submitted it). I am a caterer and I use this in most of my cakes...it is always requested by the clients and then re-requested... sounds like I am self-praising, but I am not...it is simply delicious.

mommynana Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:39pm
post #5 of

i would love to get that recipe, but when i go to the recipes, do i have to go throu all the recipes there to find what im looking for, cuz when i go to search recipe it dose`t go anywhere when i type in what im looking for.

daltonam Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Quote:

i would love to get that recipe, but when i go to the recipes, do i have to go throu all the recipes there to find what im looking for, cuz when i go to search recipe it dose`t go anywhere when i type in what im looking for.

here it is

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7097/Strawberry-Butter-Cream-Filling

also, if you ever want a recipe that a someone said THEY submitted, just go to their profile & there is a button for recipes they've submitted.

mommynana Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #7 of

thank you very much daltonam icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:41am
post #8 of

I also use the jello recipe!! It is the best as far as stability goes and don't have to worry about keeping it cold

Karen421 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 1:48am
post #9 of

I do basically the same thing, but using Indydebi buttercream recipe and add the 24oz Preserves, I do that so that in the summer I know it will hold up in the heat.

I think I am going to try Springflour's recipe next time! icon_rolleyes.gif

bates123 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 2:19am

I use a jar of all fruit jam mixed with a box of jello. It's delicious! I "butter" the cake layers to keep it from soaking into the cake, then I pipe a "dam" between the layers. Everyone loves it! I use it with fondant over the cake and I don't have to refrigerate the cake. The filling is fine unrefrigerated.

jenscreativity Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 2:30am

I got to try this!..the jello filling! SOunds great!!

Thanks!

Debbie422 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 2:48am

Try the Creamy&Firm Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling Perfected in the filling recipe section. I used it last week on a large WASC tiered cake with buttercream and fondant and it was fabulous! Make enough that you can just eat some with a spoon icon_smile.gif

Deanna78 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:27am

I use this recipe and it is easy and taste great. I also use tip 21 with butter cream and do a boarder around the edge of the cake and it holds the filing in.

2 ½ cups strawberries
½ cup sugar
2 ½ tablespoon corn starch

Cut strawberries coarsely and add all ingredients to a small sauce pan, stirring constantly and squishing some strawberries with back of spoon, to a boil continue for 2 minutes, remove and put in bowl, cool completely.

mommynana Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:05am

thanks Deanna78 for that recipe, sounds delish, gonnna try it thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%