Help...i Left Out Ingredients!!!

Decorating By Sue9069 Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 1:35am by JanH

Sue9069 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sue9069 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 6

So, I'm making a cake using box mix since it was a last minute type thing. I mixed it, put it in the oven and 5 minutes later, it hit me that I didn't put the crisco oil in it!!! So, I yanked it out of the oven real quick, dumped it back in the mixing bowl, added the oil and started all over again. Anybody think this is going to work????? If not, I have to get to the store really quick to get new supplies and start all over again. Should I let it go or do I need to head to the store???

5 replies
granniehelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
granniehelen Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 6

It should be alright. Don't ask me how I know that. icon_redface.gif

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:49am
post #3 of 6

When I first learned to cook, I got out all the ingredients and lined them up in the order that they are used. Then I put them away as I used them. I am not as obsessive as I used to be - but this is good way to start.

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:05am
post #4 of 6

I'm sort of in the same class as granniehelen but, I didn't remember in time to add the oil and it was okay. I was using the dr mix.

I think we have all been there; I usually scan the recipe before putting cake in the pans to make sure I didn't forget something.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:07am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by granniehelen

It should be alright. Don't ask me how I know that. icon_redface.gif

That's funny stuff right there! icon_lol.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:35am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

When I first learned to cook, I got out all the ingredients and lined them up in the order that they are used. Then I put them away as I used them. I am not as obsessive as I used to be - but this is good way to start.

This is how I bake.... Then there's no chance to "forget" something (because everything I need is already out and measured). thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%