Decorate A Cheesecake?

Decorating By sjlilley Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 6:37am by sjlilley

sjlilley Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

My niece just asked me to make cheesecake instead of a regular cake for her birthday. That's fine with me but I want to decorate it in some way. I wanted to make something really decadent and over-the-top and a cheesecake will do but i want it to be really impressive and fancy. anybody got any ideas?
thanks
Sarah

4 replies
TexasSugar Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

You can always top it in ganache and chocolate covered strawberries, or atleast that says decadent to me. icon_wink.gif

erincc Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I've frosted cheesecake with cream cheese frosting before and then you can decorate it just like a regular buttercream cake. Plus it's delicious! Ganache would be excellent too, just depends on if you want a chocolate or white frosted cake. Yummy!!!

cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 5

I just did a ganache topped cake. I just added swirls of mousse with truffles on top, with some gumpaste hydrangeas, its in my photos, not very girly, but looked decadent.

sjlilley Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 6:37am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas. You know they always say "Be careful what you ask for."? Well I had all these ideas about what I wanted to do and then what'd I do? I called her and asked her what she wanted!
Nothing like what I had in mind! Oh well! I've never made a cheesecake, it's time I learned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%