Decorate A Cheesecake?

Decorating By sjlilley Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 6:37am by sjlilley

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

My niece just asked me to make cheesecake instead of a regular cake for her birthday. That's fine with me but I want to decorate it in some way. I wanted to make something really decadent and over-the-top and a cheesecake will do but i want it to be really impressive and fancy. anybody got any ideas?
thanks
Sarah

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 5

You can always top it in ganache and chocolate covered strawberries, or atleast that says decadent to me. icon_wink.gif

erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I've frosted cheesecake with cream cheese frosting before and then you can decorate it just like a regular buttercream cake. Plus it's delicious! Ganache would be excellent too, just depends on if you want a chocolate or white frosted cake. Yummy!!!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 5

I just did a ganache topped cake. I just added swirls of mousse with truffles on top, with some gumpaste hydrangeas, its in my photos, not very girly, but looked decadent.

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 6:37am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas. You know they always say "Be careful what you ask for."? Well I had all these ideas about what I wanted to do and then what'd I do? I called her and asked her what she wanted!
Nothing like what I had in mind! Oh well! I've never made a cheesecake, it's time I learned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%