5 Ideas All On One Cake...help Pls!

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 3:52pm by michel30014

jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a cake for my local boys and girls club. I have to incorporate the logo, education, arts & crafts, sports & a camping theme. I was thinking of doing a square cake with the logo in the middle and each quarter representing one of the other themes. Anyone have any other suggestions? Should I do 3d items like a tent, a pencil, paintbrush etc. or would that be too busy and therefore do them 'flat'.
Or should I put the logo on the top and represent each theme on one side of the cake?
I'm trying to come up with something clever as this could open big doors for me, but I'm slightly stumped.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks

3 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 4

I like both of your ideas; go for it! The second one would be cool; the first one could get a little busy and crowded with all the different themes.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 4

Both your suggestions are great. Personally I think I'd go 'flat' rather than 3-d............
Welllllll........it they are sort of flat things like the pencile, baseball bat, o.k. but get into a tent that is bigger/taller it could overpower the other things so going flat in the 1st place might be best.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 4

Actually, I love your ideas!! But, since you asked for ideas. Here's my input.

It's just a suggestion but what if you did 5 small cakes and grouped them together. (However, that might make too much cake!)

You could make each cake with the logo like in this photo then add your different themes on each cake.

http://crazycakes1.com/web_images/boys_and_girls_club_cakes.jpg

Or you could a tiered cake, mixing the themes so it's not too high.
See this link.

http://popoutcake.com/files/BoysAndGirlsClubMedium.JPG

Personally, I love your ideas! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%