I Just Love What I Do, But ...

Decorating By Sandysdream Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 10:46am by tokazodo

Sandysdream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandysdream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:21am
post #1 of 2

Today I need to talk to people who understand me and what I am doing ... For the first time in my life I love the work I am doing! But people think I sit at home and I do not know, maybe fairies, is baking the cakes. Just the other day my mother was angry with me, because I do not offer to help look after my sister's two-year old twins when she has a problem. icon_eek.gif Most days I am working in the kitchen until late at night, because I do not only bake cakes, I also make fudge, cupcakes and rusks for a weekly farmer's market. I do not think I will ever get rich out of this, but I LOVE IT - that feeling when a client is happy and even phones you again to thank you, or when you made a cake that you never thought you would be able to, makes all the hours, worries and never again feelings so worth it!

1 reply
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 10:46am
post #2 of 2

Dear Sandy,
I once spoke to a woman who had opened her own restaurant and asked her what advice she would give me about opening my own business. She said, "Whatever it is you decide to do, make sure you have a passion about it. Having a passion about what you are doing will help you get through the bad days, and there will be bad days." She also said, "When I turn the key in the lock at 11:30pm, with tears in my eyes, it's the passion in my heart, that makes me come back and do it all over again tomorrow."
I found that to be so true, over and over again.
I looked at your photos, and you do very nice work. You have a good eye for detail, and you even said, your customers are pleased with your work.
It is hard when we work from home for people to take us seriously. Because we are at home, they think we have free time, when we are actually working our behinds off.

So, I do understand where you are coming from. Try to keep your passion alive and don't let others bring you down about what you believe in.

Good Luck to you, Happy Caking!
tokazodo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%