3 Year Olds Birthday Cake....

Decorating By Wnt2BACakeStar Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 6:14pm by Wnt2BACakeStar

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:59am
post #1 of 5

For those of you who don't know in the Mexican culture we celebrate 3 años and 15 años or the 3rd year and the 15th. My nephews 3rd birthday is fast approaching and I want to give him an awesome cake! He is indeed one of my favorite nephews lol sorry to play favorites. I gift each one of my nieces and nephews cakes for their birthdays every year. As I mentioned above this will be his 3rd b-day...my problem? He can't make up his mind on the theme. So far I have Spider-man, Cars, Sponge Bob, Toy Story, and last but not least he wants it to be spooky! lol I know these are a lot of things to work with but does anyone have a clue how I could tie them together? It would be most appreciated!

4 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:11am
post #2 of 5

Could you do a tiered cake with each level dedicated to one of his favorite things?

Kristy

bchumley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bchumley Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:17am
post #3 of 5

i have twin 6 year old nephews. every year, i make their shared birthday cake square, with 2 edges decorated in each one's chosen theme-of-the-year. (the top is either a neutral "happy birthday" or decorated half-and-half.) i'm at a loss for the spooky part, but you could do each of the 4 sides in a different character/movie theme.

although...it would be fun to do a halloween-ey haunted house kind of cake, with different characters in windows, graveyards, spooky trees, etc.

good luck with it!

cyndiK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyndiK Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:33am
post #4 of 5

I'm with Kristy. I think a tiered cake would be really cute with each tier representing a different character/theme. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

Wnt2BACakeStar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wnt2BACakeStar Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 5

Does anyone have a picture example of this look Kristy is talking about? I was actually considering the whole haunted house with characters trick or treating thing lol I'm not sure what to do. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%