How Do I Get All The Air Bubble Out Of My Massa Fondant??

Decorating By Jbouren1010 Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 4:29pm by Adevag

Jbouren1010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jbouren1010 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 7

I'm not sure why people love Massa Fondant so much....... I was impressed when I first opened the container. It was very soft and pliable and tasted good. Then I rolled it out to cover my cake............tiny little air bubble everywhere! I pop the bubble as they come up and then I roll again just to see like 10 more. I knead the fondant as usual before rolling and try to get all the air bubbles out before hand. Once it is in a smooth ball form I roll it. Am I doing something wrong?? I am making a wedding cake today and I am so upset about this icon_sad.gif

Thanks!!

6 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 7

Have you stored your cake in the fridge and not let it warm up before covering it? That will cause it. I don't have any problems when I use Masa on my wedding cakes.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 7

Hockeyguy....how do you like working with massa? Is it worth the $$$ and what does it taste like?

Jbouren1010 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

dchockeyguy- I always chill my cakes before covering with fondant.....I will try letting them warm up a little before hand. Thanks so much!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 7

Kellbella, I love working with Massa. To me it works better than all other brands. However, due to the cost, which is hard for me to really pass on, I usually only use it on wedding cakes. The taste is awesome. Best tasting fondant on the market in my opinion.

Jbouren1010 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 7

dchockeyguy, do you use corn starch when rolling your fondant? Or do you you use shortening or neither?

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 7

dchockeyguy- I know you got asked all the questions already, but since you live in Wash. DC I would love to know where you buy your Massa fondant.
I live in Arlington, VA and have been wanting to try the Massa fondant too. I know there is a place in Gaithersburg, MD (Albert Uster imports). Do you know if you can go to them and buy at their store?
Since it's more expensive it would be better to avoid shipping costs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%