What Kind Of Rolling Pin Do You Use? Silicone...aluminum....

Decorating By divinecc Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 8:46pm by sweettreat101

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I have been using my old wood rolling pin to roll out my fondant, the handles fall off every couple of rolls icon_rolleyes.gif Needless to say it's time for a new one! I am thinking about getting an aluminum pin or the wilton silicone pin w/ removable handles. What kind of rolling pin would you recommend? Thanks

5 replies
Rach80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rach80 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 6

I still use my wooden one... I'd like a silicone.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 6

I used the Wilton silicone pin for years until I herniated a disk in my back, and then I bought a commercial aluminum one (you can find them on the Samsclub.com website - item # 44601). OMG it is WONDERFUL! It rolls out fondant effortlessly.

divinecc Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 6

I really was leaning towards the aluminum so I think Ive mad up my mind! Thanks!

divinecc Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 6

The local cake supply had an 18" aluminum rolling pin for $40.00 I went to Sam's like you suggested the same one was 16.99! I had to pay shipping only $5, I received it 3 days ago and I love it icon_biggrin.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 6

I tried the Wilton silicone and didn't like it. I use a marble rolling pin. I love it. Save me time because of the extra weight in the roller helps smooth the fondant out faster and doesn't stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%