If You Can't Be Professional, Stay Off My Page! (Rant Alert)

Lounge By snocilla Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 9:38am by snocilla

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 14

Sorry, but I just need to vent for a minute.

So, my husband's aunt is a fan of my company Facebook page. Now she is notorious for writing comments in places that they don't belong, but when it comes to my professional page it really ticks me off!

She commented on one of my pictures a while back, and said something jokingly about my husband. So of course, I deleted it, and sent her an email asking her to please leave personal comments on my page and not the company page.

Well today she posts "I am trying to paste a pic of a cake to hooked on fondant but it won't let me why"

I won't go into my grammar pet peeve, but she has never had a cake from me, since she lives halfway across the country! There is no way possible she has a picture of one of my cakes! So why would she want to post someone else's cake on my company's page? That will only make it look like it was a cake that I made for her! I don't want anyone thinking that, whether it is good or bad!

Some people just get on my nerves! uuuuggghhhh! I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest!

13 replies
tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 14

haha...My DH's Aunt is like that, in fact most of that side of the family. I've come to expect back handed compliments as the norm, OMG- you should see her Xmas letter- rips her kids from every angle. I think she is trying to be funny, and we have learned to get a good giggle from it, and be happy we don't "make the headlines."

If it bothers you you can always delete her. I've been tempted with my DH's Aunt on more than one occasion.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 14

icon_lol.gif *sigh* You are right, she has no idea how FB works! I wonder if she realizes EVERYTHING she posts to you is able to be read publicly? Or does she think she can read other's comments, but isn't putting 2 and 2 together that they are also reading hers?

Because I agree with you...posting a cake pic that isn't yours on your company's page is thoughtless! And silly. I guess she is trying to share some cake humor with you? Send her an inbox message and ask her to direct that kind of post straight to your inbox. You may have to post on her wall "check your messages" if she truly doesn't know how FB works.

Good luck! icon_rolleyes.gif

snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

haha...My DH's Aunt is like that, in fact most of that side of the family. I've come to expect back handed compliments as the norm, OMG- you should see her Xmas letter- rips her kids from every angle. I think she is trying to be funny, and we have learned to get a good giggle from it, and be happy we don't "make the headlines."

If it bothers you you can always delete her. I've been tempted with my DH's Aunt on more than one occasion.

I would so love to delete her! But I don't want to start some big family argument. I wonder if she would know if I deleted her or if she would just stop seeing posts.

snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 14

I just sent her this:

"Please don't try to put cake pictures on the Hooked On Fondant page. It would be easy for someone to mistakenly think that I made the cake, and I don't want that. You are more than welcome to share them on my personal page or send them directly to me! Thanks!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

I would so love to delete her! But I don't want to start some big family argument. I wonder if she would know if I deleted her or if she would just stop seeing posts.

Pretty sure she would just stop seeing posts....I would claim a technical snafu if you get caught. "What, your not on there, that's weird? I'm pretty good at computers but FB baffles me sometimes."

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:

I just sent her this:

"Please don't try to put cake pictures on the Hooked On Fondant page. It would be easy for someone to mistakenly think that I made the cake, and I don't want that. You are more than welcome to share them on my personal page or send them directly to me! Thanks!

thumbs_up.gif

If this doesn't work, I would seriously consider "blocking" her on your professional page. This is your business and you need to keep it professional.

snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:48pm
post #8 of 14

Well, I sent her that message, so hopefully, she won't post anymore crap. But I guess if she does, I will try deleting her!

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 14

Just block her. You don't have to tell her you blocked her and it's not like you will be traveling across the country to help her figure out why.

She will just wonder why she can't see things anymore.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 14

[quote="tweeter_bug98"]

Quote:

thumbs_up.gif

If this doesn't work, I would seriously consider "blocking" her on your professional page. This is your business and you need to keep it professional.

I had to block my sister from my fan page tapedshut.gif . She just would not stop leaving comments/snide comments. When I tried to ignore them, hoping that she'd get the hint, she changed tactics to "HELLO, did you not see that *whatever was her last comment*. Once she said, "I guess that's a good black" (the cigar cake in my photos) - what does that even MEAN??

Didn't mean to hijack this - thanks for letting me share in your rant, it was very therapeutic! icon_redface.gif

snocilla Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:44pm
post #11 of 14

[quote="iamcakin"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter_bug98

Quote:

thumbs_up.gif

I had to block my sister from my fan page tapedshut.gif . She just would not stop leaving comments/snide comments. When I tried to ignore them, hoping that she'd get the hint, she changed tactics to "HELLO, did you not see that *whatever was her last comment*. Once she said, "I guess that's a good black" (the cigar cake in my photos) - what does that even MEAN??

Didn't mean to hijack this - thanks for letting me share in your rant, it was very therapeutic! icon_redface.gif

No problem Iamcakin! I figured others would have similar stories!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:56pm
post #12 of 14

families and technology can make for an interesting/frustrating mix at times.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:03am
post #13 of 14

My mother has been causing problems on FB for me. I'm * this close* to bocking her.

snocilla Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:38am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

My mother has been causing problems on FB for me. I'm * this close* to bocking her.

Yeah, it really sucks when it's your Mom. I think I can handle ticking off the in-laws easier than ticking off my Mom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%