Why Do People ........

Decorating By janeoxo Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 4:32pm by thatslifeca

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:50pm
post #31 of 38

I like that line Artie, "your mistake is not my emergency". I've been dealing with rush orders all week. Ugh!! Hate it!!! More stress!! At least i'll be getting compensated with my newly enforced "rush fee". I don't feel as frustrated as I used to with rush orders.

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 1:57pm
post #32 of 38

Hey what you missed in my first post was that she did know a rough price before she we started corresponding back and forward that's why it came as such a shock and annoyance. I also even asked in the first email if she was on a budget and there was no mention of it in her reply.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:09pm
post #33 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluSweetArt

I've gotten to where I also just ask about their budget up front. I get so tired of the bug-eyed jaw-dropped looks that people give me when I tell them what a cake will cost. And I seriously might maim the next person who says "but it's just flour and sugar" to me. Seriously people. Augh.

LOL- Maybe I should've told the guy who built my $7000 deck that "it's just wood and nails"... icon_mad.gif Some people!

xanikesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xanikesmom Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:22pm
post #34 of 38

I had a lady call me for her daughter's Christening cake. She had a cousin who had ordered a cake from me and really liked it (gotta love word of mouth business). She asked how much a cake like the one I had made for her cousin had cost. When I told her the price, there was silence. Then ... "Is it the fondant that makes it that much?" I told her "that and the time and detail" I let her know that, from start to finish, it takes me 8-10 hours for every cake I do (from shopping, to baking, to icing/filling, to decorating, to cleaning up). Then she told me she only needed the cake for 10 people!! The cake I had made for her cousin was for 50 people!!! Really? Eventually we were able to settle on a cake, but jeez.

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:37pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I thought it was sweet. "Awww, of course I'll make your wife a yellow cake with chocolate frosting." haha.

That IS sweet - and very nice of you!

I think it was Indydebi, who said something to the effect of "oh you want JUST flour and sugar - Walmart, aisle 8, knock yourself out."

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 2:49pm
post #36 of 38

This is why I let people know my prices up front then we can talk design if the prices don't turn them off.....

Ixtli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ixtli Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:03pm
post #37 of 38

I also think its funny the ones that want some thing "not too expensive for about 10 people... 3D or maybe 2-3 tiers..." -???!!! -oh, and they're on a budget, anything quoted over $35 gets them fidgeting and saying "but its only for 10 people..."
I've had a couple of those...

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 4:32pm
post #38 of 38

I think it was Indydebi, who said something to the effect of "oh you want JUST flour and sugar - Walmart, aisle 8, knock yourself out."

icon_eek.gif HAHAHAHAHAH OMG HAHAHHAHAHA Leave it to Indydebi to find the great response!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%