Need Homemade Raspberry Filling Recipe

Baking By Amy061810 Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 12:22am by awatterson

Amy061810 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy061810 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 9

Hello...

I just received a call for a chocolate raspberry torte order. Im going to do 3 layers of chocolate cake with raspberry filling, topped with raspberry filling, fresh raspberries and chocolate ganache. Im in need of a good raspberry cake filling....she specified she did not want it from jar..like preserveres or jelly..... Any ideas?

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 9

It's not 'homemade' but I use the sleeve filling. It is NOTHING like "from a jar" jam or jelly or preserves. It's specifically designed for a cake.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 9

When I make raspberry filling, I use 4 cups of frozen red raspberries and (with the raspberries still in your measuring cup), fill up to 3 cup mark with water, pinch of salt, tsp of vanilla, bring to boil. Have prepared 3 heaping tablespoons of thickening (I use clear gel) dissolved in a little water. Add 1/8 cup of raspberry jello and enough thickening to get the consistency you want.

I get so many requests for cakes filled with this. I hope you like it.

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 9

Here's the recipe I use & everyone likes it.

3 pints fresh raspberries
puree in a blender. I strain with cheese cloth. I put about 1/4 cup puree on middle of cheese cloth and fold sides so puree is in the middle and squeeze until there's nothing but seeds left in the cloth. This take some time but it removes all the seeds.

In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch & 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir in 1 cup water. Cook and stir until thickened & bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. (I add a little lemon juice to cut the sweetness)

Add raspberry puree until you like the taste. I use almost 3 pints. The filling thichens as it cools so don't over cook.

Hope this helps.

meharding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meharding Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 9

Here is what I use.

Puree 10 oz. package frozen raspberries with syrup, which have been thawed, in food processor. Strain and discard seeds. In a small saucepan, combine 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. sugar. Slowly add pureed raspberries and 1 Tbsp. Chambord. Stir constantly over low heat until mixture thickens. Let cool. Makes enough for 1 layer 9" layer. I use this in cakes and also in my raspberry silk pie.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

This is a WONDERFUL raspberry filling recipe!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 9

Here is my favorite ... I like the seeds and fruit pulp in mine .

2 - 12 ounce packages of frozen raspberries (not packed in syrup)

1 1/3 cups water

1 1/2-2 cups granulated sugar (or to taste. 2 cups will be pretty sweet)

2 T of lemon juice (optional)

5-6 T of cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup of water

In a saucepan combine the raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the raspberries have broken down. Remove the mixture from the heat and strain with a fine mesh sieve. Return the stained mixture to the heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water. Whisk the slurry into the raspberry mixture. Bring the mixture back to a boil and simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool completely. It will take awhile to set up. It will thicken like a jelly. May stir it for easier spreading on cake.

Amy061810 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy061810 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:05am
post #8 of 9

So I made poodledoodles recipe, but it isnt as thick as im wanting it... How do i get it thicker?

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 12:22am
post #9 of 9

Try mixing some cornstarch with a little bit of water and then add it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%