I'm Pretty Sure This Was A Good Deal...

Decorating By Elcee Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 8:12pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

I just purchased a Magic Line 12 x 16 x 2 pan for $6! It's in VERY good condition, too! Gotta love yard sales!

5 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 6

That was an excellent deal! I just paid $15 apiece for some 9x9x2 square Magic Lines.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:26pm
post #3 of 6

I got my first magic line pan on ebay...it's a 12x18x2 and I paid $12 with shipping and I had NO IDEA what is was or how much pans are supposed to cost at the time! lol I love that pan though, we've spent many a late night together! lol

Elcee Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 6

Of course now I'm thinking how on earth am I going to get a cake that size out of the pan...I don't have cooling racks large enough. Also don't know when or if I'll ever use it...I'm a hobbyist and I've never made a sheet cake. I suppose I could trim one to 12 x 12 and stack it with my 8 x 8 in square. I think that is what I'll do. I need to practice squares and I don't want to waste that $6 icon_lol.gif .

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 6

Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper or parchment, spray/grease the sides of the pan, pour in your batter.

When it's baked, let it cool 10 or 15 minutes and then flip a cookie sheet over and lay a sheet of wax paper on the top of the cake, put the backside of the cookie sheet on top of that and flip the whole thing out and onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet. Also if you have a large cutting board you could use that too.

I always line it with something though, then I'm sure I won't have any sticking issues! When you use THAT much cake batter for a cake the last thing you want is to flip it out and have half stay IN the pan!! lol

Elcee Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

When it's baked, let it cool 10 or 15 minutes and then flip a cookie sheet over and lay a sheet of wax paper on the top of the cake, put the backside of the cookie sheet on top of that and flip the whole thing out and onto the wax paper lined cookie sheet. Also if you have a large cutting board you could use that too.

Thanks! That's a great tip, I'll definitely use it! I have a great love affair going on with parchment paper...I never bake without lining my pans unless they are 3D. Like you said, baking without it is just not worth the risk of 1/2 the cake sticking in the pan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%