Bible Baptism Cake

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 7:22am by Jeep_girl816

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:56am
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a bible baptism cake for this weekend. It's for a little one year old boy. Should I do a brown bible or do you usually make a blue bible? Are they usually open or closed? She also wants a roseary. What should I use to make one? TIA

4 replies
bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:33am
post #2 of 5

I think there is no right answer here, what does the mom want? I mean these are options you have mentioned. In the end it's really gonna matter how well they are done.
I just did a search on Bible baptism cakes, and found so many pics in the gallery. I ask the cake wanter(i dont sell cakes) first, get a vision, and have fun seeing it come to life!
BTW, i just looked at your cakes, and they are amazing...dont think you or your requester ahs anything to worry about!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:38am
post #3 of 5

She really doesn't know what she wants expect that a bible cake with a roseary. She is not from this country and I think she is doing it more for her husband and his family so I want it to be special. Her family keeps coming up with excuses on why they can't attend. Her sister is supposed to be the godmother and they will have a stand in.

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 6:26am
post #4 of 5

Since its a baptism cake, you may want to consider white with gold accents. Rosary...every one will have a different answer on this but I have done one and threaded it with gold beading wire. I was pleased with the results. The cross & Hail Holy Queen were made of gumpaste. You can color fondant a very light blue and luster dust the Hail Mary Beads...and the Our Father can be in a coordinating color.

The choices are endless. Between you and the mom, you should be able to come up with an idea. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 7:22am
post #5 of 5

I agree with JerseygirlNga. I like White bibles for baptisms with light baby blue accents for a boy. I have a super simple bible cake in my pics, it's in white and gold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%