Another Bad Suggestion From Bridal Mag...

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 10:41am by southernswthrt

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:45am
post #31 of 35

I don't freeze anything. I don't even usually put the cakes in the fridge until they're decorated. I'm not a fan of freezing in general.

That aside, you can't believe anything you read in wedding magazines, and I tell brides that all the time. One person makes something up, the next person steals the idea, and after a while it's been printed so many times people think it's true.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:51am
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That aside, you can't believe anything you read in wedding magazines, and I tell brides that all the time.

Yep, same here! I tend to phrase it "..... in spite of all of the lies that the bridal magazines tell you ....." thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:01am
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That aside, you can't believe anything you read in wedding magazines, and I tell brides that all the time.

Yep, same here! I tend to phrase it "..... in spite of all of the lies that the bridal magazines tell you ....." thumbs_up.gif

I just say "don't believe anything you read, they don't know what they're talking about." thumbs_up.gif

KimLynnC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimLynnC Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 5:52am
post #34 of 35

I don't get it, why does it matter if the cake has been frozen? The only reason they have a problem with it is because of people advertising "our cakes are fresh, never frozen". Therefore it is planting ideas in their head, I doubt they would know the difference just by tasting it.

And BTW I freeze most of my cakes too, they taste just as delicious as if I didn't freeze them.

southernswthrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernswthrt Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 10:41am
post #35 of 35

I could not make a large cake without freezing. I don't do wedding cakes, but would certainly need to freeze if I did.

On the other hand, I normally don't freeze. I have done it a few times and while the cakes were still good, I found it made them drier, not moister, and heavy/dense. I've tried a few times b/c I heard it was better. I never came out and said "I froze this cake", but my family and friends all said the ones I didn't freeze were their favorites.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%