Help Asap!any Advice On Black Whipped Cream Icing Coloring..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 2:38am by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 4:29am
post #1 of 3

I have to do a panda bear cake due tomorrow! I was wanting to know about using black with the whipped cream icing ( whipping cream, stabalizer, and sugar in recipe)..Will it dye black all the way without any wierd disfunctional grey coloring?? Also, I'm sure it's best pipe stars with the white and black coloring so black doesn't bleed so much onto the white, right?? OR if someone has a better recipe for whipped cream icing to color and alleviate much bleeding with dark colors.. HELP! I need to know asap!

Thanks!

Jenscreativity

2 replies
Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 4:42am
post #2 of 3

Best thing to do when needing black is make some dark chocolate icing that dramatically reduces the amount of black dye in the icing (everyone's teeth & lips will be black). As for using whipped cream to decorate I wouldn't do that I don't think the star technique will work well, best bet is some buttercream.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:38am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your advice, but I DID end up doing the star piping with black whipped icing also! I thought I'd wing it and it looked great! Ck it out under my pics if you like. I was impressed! Thanks so much though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%