Cake Plateau For $30 At Hobby Lobby!!!

Decorating By ddaigle Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 7:30pm by sweetcakes

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 6

I wanted to share my find with you!!! I found a very pretty silver, round, 14" plateau at Hobby Lobby in the Wedding department for $49.99 and used my 40% off coupon!! You do the math!!! Don't know if they stock these in all HL's, but they always have one or two on the shelf at my HL. It is also on line. I wish they had more sizes!!!

I used it for my 3 tiered orchid wedding cake (in my gallery) and was very pleased with it.

Forgot to attach the pic!
LL

5 replies
HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 6

I got one of these too. Caught it when they had their Bridal Blowout and got it 50% off. Not too shabby! I did, however, have to find one that wasn't warped..

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #3 of 6

Your cake is gorgeous! Here's the link to your cake.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1678390

Thanks for letting us know about the cake plateau. I didn't even know that HL sold those.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 6

Wow! Too bad there aren't any Hobby Lobby's in my area. icon_sad.gif

dm321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dm321 Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 3:23am
post #5 of 6

Your cake is really beautiful! Your buttercream is flawless! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the info on the cake stand! Hope I can get to HL in time! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks!
~diem

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 7:30pm
post #6 of 6

i bought one too when they had the bridal blowouts at 50% off. They are now also carrying the metal monograms and the curly wires with gems hanging from them for cake toppers. they are on an end cap. stock up when they have the bridal sales. plus you can also buy them online and use the coupon too at hobby lobbys website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%