911! Please Help Me!

Decorating By luvbuttercream Updated 11 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm by abeane

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 13

Ok so here is the situation I have a cake order to be picked up tomorrow afternoon I was hoping to get it all done and decorated today but... I had a death in the family yesterday and when I started today i thought I would be fine but I am not my concentration is all screwed up and I am exhausted. I already messed up one cake and had to make another. Pre-iced thank goodness. But I am baking the second one now and I am not wanting to risk icing and decorating tonight I have already made the ganache though so I am wondering if the ganache will keep till tomorrow and if it is ok to let it come to room temp then use it tomorrow? Also how do I store the cakes?? Sorry for all the questions at once any help would be great!

12 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 13

The ganache will keep in the fridge, and yes, let it come to room temp before using.

The cakes themselves can be wrapped and stored on the counter.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 13

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

First, take a deep breath...and another....

Yes, your ganache will definitely keep until tomorrow. I just took some out of my refrigerator this morning a microwaved it and it was fine. So, bake your cake, wrap it really well in plastic wrap and either foil or ziploc bags; they can stay out on your counter this way overnight. Get some sleep and come back to the cake in the morning. The cake will be fine.

Best of luck...I'll be thinking about you.

luvbuttercream Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 13

Thank you so much Leah and Elcee. I wasn't sure if they should be refrigerated or not that helps thank you again!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 13

Sorry for your loss.

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 13

Who's the cake for, maybe you call and tell them what happened ask if they could get a cake at a bakery?

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 13

Sorry for your loss.
Your cake will be fine.

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:08am
post #8 of 13

The cake is for a well uh... ex friend/ acquaintance who is very um... difficult to say it nicely I wouldn't of taken the order to begin with but I love trying new things and am always up for the challenge. And for some stupid reason I feel the need to impress... canceling is not really an option I have had a heck of a time getting a hold of her to work out the details and just don't want that hassle on my plate as well right now. I think a good nights sleep (fingers crossed) will make me feel much better. Thank you all for your condolences. To be honest I was not very close to the family member that passed my husband was it was his side but I was there when it happened and that was an experience to say the least and I had bad dreams all night last night.

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 12:50am
post #9 of 13

Well I thought I would make my frosting so I had less things to do tomorrow *sigh* should of just called it a night... It was a disaster WAY too sweet and for some reason had chunks in it!!! I am going to have a bath icon_sad.gif

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:15am
post #10 of 13

sorry for your loss

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 1:21am
post #11 of 13

vaniti716 : Thank you.

luvbuttercream Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:23pm
post #12 of 13

Well here is the cake finished and ready to go. I am not entirely pleased with how it turned out to many air bubbles and see through spots but I couldn't play with it anymore. Hope the lady is pleased.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1704779

abeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeane Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm
post #13 of 13

Baking/decorating is very hard to do when your head and heart are not in it. I think your cake turned out great- the flowers are very pretty! Now you can take some time for yourself to recover, I'm sorry for your loss.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%