Anyone Ever Have Problems With Oasis?

Decorating By Hillywu Updated 7 Jun 2010 , 5:38pm by tracycakes

Hillywu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hillywu Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 12

I placed my first order on Monday the 17th with Oasis. Needed an SPS for my cake that is due tomorrow. The website said you should receive your oder within a week and I thought, well surely that will happen since I'm in the same state as Oasis. Anyway, I called them yesterday, the 24th because I hadn't received anything yet. They were very courteous. However, they said, oh, it's still an open order let me see if they're waiting on anything. She checked and called me right back and said okay, you're order shipped today and you'll have it be tomorrow (which is now today when I need to be stacking my cake and icing it). I received a tracking number via e-mail last night which then told me I will not receive the order until tomorrow. Grrr. . . I am very frustrated. I live in a small town with nothing other than a Michael's. I have to order most of my stuff and rely on the orders coming on time.

Anyway, sorry for the vent. Truthfully, I am just trying to find out if this is typical of Oasis or out of the ordinary for them. I don't want to order anything from them if this is what's going to constantly happen.

Thanks!

11 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 May 2010 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 12

I have ordered from them before and have gotten pretty good response time from them. I just placed an order last week so I'll try and see if it gets delayed. Good luck. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 12

I've ordered from them several times with good response. I try to order way ahead of time if possible. It usually takes 7 - 10 days for me to get anything.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 12

I also live in the same state and I usually place the order and go pick it up.... they are pretty good... it might just be this one time... I haven't heard any negative feedback on them... I would call again... explain our situation and see if there is anything they can do to help you in this.... they told you it would be delivered today.... the tracking number states tmo... you need it by yesterday.... let them know... they might be able to do something...

good luck icon_smile.gif

PS... I asked for the cake central discount and they said.... I have no idea what u r talking about.... icon_sad.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 May 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 12

I placed an order with them for SPS and waited a couple of weeks before calling. I was told they never received the order, even though I had the printed confirmation stating when it would be shipped. Never received it and haven't ordered from them since. I wouldn't count on them doing anything if you need it today.

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 26 May 2010 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 12

I placed an order and waited and waited (a week or so) for a tracking number. So I called them and they said it'll ship out today.... Pretty much OP's same story. I wonder if they get the order and procrastinate and then a call kicks them in the rear to getta movin'.

The cakecentral discount shows online if you do a search "cake central" and it'll pop up.

tracycakes Posted 31 May 2010 , 12:08am
post #7 of 12

Well, let me change my story. I ordered 2 weeks, got my confirmation but haven't received my merchandise yet and I need it for a 5 tier wedding cake this weekend. I'll be calling tomorrow...or tuesday.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 2 Jun 2010 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 12

Just wanted to post an update on this. I placed an order on May 20th and it was delivered today so that was about a week and 1/2.

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:30am
post #9 of 12

I had the same problem. I ordered some supplies last week. I am used to hearing from places the next day or two about my order being shipped well.. I got a call today saying that it would be shipped. I hope it gets here in enough time for a cake I need it for on Saturday.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 8:53pm
post #10 of 12

They aren't worth the aggrevation. I just look for other suppliers.

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 4 Jun 2010 , 9:22pm
post #11 of 12

Tiggy,
Your right. I still haven't gotten what I ordered and I got a ship notice from UPS but every time I check it there is nothing there. So I guess I will have to use my bubble tea straws and drive very slowly. Next time I will order from some where else.

tracycakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 5:38pm
post #12 of 12

I placed my order on the 17th and received it on June 2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%